It costs £400 a year for each Visiting Wag Team. Your support provides special friends for older dog lovers in the community.
Connie and friends at Park House Care Home talk about the joy their Visiting Wag Team brings.
Care and nursing homes can make such a difference for their dog loving residents by supporting Wag and ensuring regular contact with a dog. Your support also enables us to work in the community and end loneliness for older dog lovers..
Many of your residents really miss their own dogs, some of them don’t have many visitors so a regular chat and a furry cuddle with one of our Visiting Wag Teams can make all the difference.
These visits are often described as providing “a little sprinkling of magic”, lifting spirits and making people smile; truly special.
Become a Community Friend of Wag for a minimum donation of £30 a month or £360 a year and help us to provide our special service to people in their own homes in your community as well as to your own residents.
You’ll also go straight to the top of our priority waiting list!
Become a Community Friend today and, as well as helping to change lives, you will also be...
- added to our "Priority Waiting List” or marked as a Priority Establishment if you already have a Visiting Team
- A downloadable Proud to be Friends of Wag Certificate
- A branded Friends of Wag poster for your noticeboards with a space to add the photograph and visiting times of your Friendship Dog
- Friends of Wag Website and Social Media images and icons
- Thank you messages on our website and our social media channels with over 6,000 local supporters
- Our Quarterly e-newsletter including our special stories of making a difference, and a welcome from our newest Friendship Dogs
- The option of a branded collection box for your Reception so that relatives and visitors who appreciate the impact of our special visitors can also help to support our cause
Please give what you can but a minimum donation of £30 a month secures your place.
Castlebank Care Home, Tow Law, are helping us end loneliness..
Manager June Pearson told us: “We support Wag & Company because these visits have a really positive effect on our residents and they love them too. There are so many benefits for them, sensory stimulation through stroking and talking, reducing stress and increasing their emotional well being and just having the comfort and familiarity of a dog again for the dog lovers.”