Wag & Company: Donation Terms & Conditions
Donation Terms & Conditions
Wag and Company North East Friendship Dogs (referred to throughout these terms as “us”, “our” or “we”) is a company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales with company number 09734369 and a registered charity with charity number 1165847.
1. We operate the website www.wagandcompany.co.uk (the “Website”). These terms govern the basis on which you make donations to us, including through the donation payment system on our Website.
2. By confirming that you wish to make a donation you agree to be bound by these terms in respect of that donation and, where you have agreed to make recurring donations (e.g. through “Friends of Wag”), you agree to be bound by these terms in respect of any future donations under that arrangement.
3. We will use your donation(s) at our sole discretion but always in line with our stated charitable objectives.
4. Donations made through the Website may be made by debit or credit card, direct debit or PayPal. Once you confirm to us through the Website that you wish to proceed with your donation your transaction will be processed through our payment services provider, Stripe (debit or credit card) or GoCardless (direct debit). By confirming that you wish to proceed with your donation you authorise Stripe and/or GoCardless to request funds from your credit or debit card provider.
5. We also accept donations by cheque. Cheques can be made payable to Wag and Company North East Friendship Dogs and sent to Northumbria House, French Gardens Industrial Estate, Hexham NE46 4DL.
Friends of Wag
6. Where you agree to make recurring donations (e.g. by way of direct debit), please note that we will continue to take donations in accordance with the associated direct debit instruction until such time as you cancel the direct debit, or instruct us by email or telephone to stop taking payments from your bank account.
7. To cancel your recurring donation please contact us at:
- 01434 611801
8. When you donate to us through our Website and confirm that you are a UK taxpayer in accordance with the requirements of the Gift Aid scheme as they apply from time to time, we can reclaim Gift Aid. You should ascertain whether you qualify for Gift Aid entitlement. If you have any doubts about your entitlement for Gift Aid we recommend you consult your own advisors or HMRC about any accounting, taxation or financial consequences of donating that may affect you. Further information on gift aid can be found at
Your personal information
9. We will process your personal data in accordance with our Privacy Notice. Please ensure you have provided us with the correct information.
Donation refund policy
10. As a registered charity, we are subject to charity law, which means that we are only able to refund a donation in certain prescribed circumstances.
11. If you have any queries about your donation(s) or you think that a donation you have made should be refunded, please contact us:
- 01434 611801
12. Donations arising from a sponsored event are not dependent on the supporter concerned completing the event and so cannot be refunded if the event or challenge is not completed.
13. We may amend these terms at any time.