Walking for Wag either at Kielder or anywhere and everywhere you like is a really important way for everyone who loves what we do to help us to do more of it.
You can join us to Walk for Wag at Kielder each September and you can also create your own fundraiser and Walk for Wag... Anywhere! and anytime you like!
During Covid-19, in September 2020 our Walk for Wag at Kielder was cancelled and so many of our supporters created their own walks for Wag over the usual Kielder walk weekend! Have a look at the souvenir edition, wonderful support and fantastic photographs!
Even when we're all walking separately.. we're ending loneliness together!
About the walk
Create your own Walk for Wag challenge in your own way and in places of your own choosing.
All you need to do is register here, and tell us about your walk! Where's it starting and finishing, the distance, your fundraising target, why is this route or challenge important to you, who are you walking with, your dog, on your own, with friends or colleagues, are you enjoying the stunning scenery of the Lakeside Way at Kielder or in the beautiful countryside in your own neighbourhoods or along our spectacular North East coastline; Anywhere you like! Just don’t forget to share the pictures!
So please register today and Walk for Wag... Anywhere; you can support us even more by encouraging your friends, family and maybe even get your companies, to all get involved too.
Registration is always open - so please, sign up today, be creative (!) and every sponsored step you take will help us to continue to grow, ending loneliness for elderly dog lovers in our communities who need us more than ever!
How it works
Getting involved couldn’t be easier, just click the link to register and together, let’s walk to improve the lives of elderly dog lovers in our communities.
• Registration is FREE, but we’re asking for a minimum voluntary donation of £5 to cover the postage of your Walking for Wag t-shirt and doggy bandana.
• We’ll support you every step of the way with a Wag branded t-shirt for you, a bandana if your doggy friend’s walking too and personalised digital assets for your social media!
We'll share your story and your pictures on our own social media channels
• Once you've completed your walk, we’ll send you a link to let us know how many steps you’ve all walked and how much you’ve raised. Tell us how you're doing by messaging us on social media using the hashtag #WalkforWag and send in some pics of you on your walk for our website.
• Remember there’s no fixed amount or distance, simply decide on the size of your challenge, work out how you’re going to record your steps then do whatever you can, wherever you can and help us by raising as much as you can.
• Have a look at our fundraising pages here for some inspiration!
• It’s as simple as that! Thank you ...
Take a walk on the Wag side...
Whenever or whenever you Walk for Wag, you’re not only helping to end loneliness in our communities...
it’s great fun!