It costs £352 a year for each Visiting Wag Team. Your support provides special friends for older dog lovers in the community.
Connie and friends at Park House Care Home talk about the joy their Visiting Wag Team brings.
Care and nursing homes have a vital role to play in ending loneliness amongst older people.
Many of your residents are dog lovers and really miss their own dogs, some of them don’t have many visitors so a regular chat and a furry cuddle with a Visiting Wag Team can make all the difference.
These visits are often described as providing “a little sprinkling of magic”, lifting spirits and making people smile; truly special.
Become a Community Friend of Wag for a minimum donation of £20 a month and help us to provide this service to people in their own homes in your community as well as to your own residents.
Become a Community Friend today and, as well as helping to change lives, you will also be...
- added to our "Priority Waiting List” or marked as a Priority Establishment if you already have a Visiting Team
- A downloadable Proud to be Friends of Wag Certificate
- A branded Friends of Wag poster for your noticeboards with a space to add the photograph and visiting times of your Friendship Dog
- Friends of Wag Website and Social Media images and icons
- Thank you messages on our website and our social media channels with over 4,000 local supporters
- Our Quarterly e-newsletter including our special stories of making a difference, and a welcome from our newest Friendship Dogs
- A branded collection box for your Reception so that relatives and visitors who appreciate the impact of our special visitors can also help to support our cause
Please give what you can but a minimum donation of £20 a month secures your place.
Park House, Guisborough are helping us end loneliness
Just one fundraising event can easily cover your annual Community Friends of Wag membership. Park House’s memorable “Elvis Pie & a Pint Night” raised £300 for Wag & Company. Thank you so much to Tracy, Andy and the team at Park House for all your support.